Frequently Asked Questions
The three most important points in selecting the right SUP is to first answer the following:
- Weight of the heaviest person that will be using the SUP regularly.
- The most common use for the SUP: flat water cruising, flat ocean cruising, surfing small waves, racing, or a combination.
From this information, we can then show you a selection of SUPs that will suit you. For more information please one of our distributors or head office to discuss your needs.
Your overall paddle height should be approximately 150mm to 180mm over head height. This will vary depending on whether the paddle is used for SUP surfing (generally shorter), or ocean downwinding (generally longer).
Your SUP leash is a very important safety feature that should be worn at all times. On flat water your leash will stop your SUP from blowing away if you fall awkwardly. In the surf your leash will stop your SUP from getting washed away and possibly injuring other surfers/ swimmers.
Rinse your SUP with fresh water and allow to dry before storing away. Do not store a wet SUP in its cover or in direct heat or sunlight. Do not leave your SUP inside a vehicle, or on the roof of your car on a hot day, as permanent heat damage may result.
All YOB Australia SUPs have an automatic air vent. This vent allows air pressure within your SUP to adjust automatically to fluctuations of the ambient air temperature.
YOB Australia offer an industry leading 12 month warranty on all YOB Australia branded products. YOB Australia design, test and manufacture all of their products and are proud of their suitability, performance and durability.warranty policy
In the unfortunate instance of damaging your SUP, the following steps should be taken:
- Remove the SUP from the water immediately.
- If the damage is superficial – Chipped paint or similar and there is no sign of water ingress:
Cover the affected area with ‘Ding Tape’ or similar and carry on using the SUP. Have the damage assessed at the earliest opportunity.
- If the damage is major – Signs of damaged fibreglass and foam core, and/or signs of water ingress:
Do not return the SUP to the water and have the damaged area repaired immediately.
NOTE: only use EPOXY RESIN when repairing YOB Australia SUPs.
Lessons and Activities Clients will obtain a refund or credit if:
- the client notifies the ASI Accredited school 24 hours prior to the time of the activity.
- the Instructor cancels the activity due to unsuitable or dangerous conditions.
Note – no refund will be offered if it rains.
If water and weather conditions become unsafe during the activity, the instructor may modify the activity and undertake activities on the shore rather than in the water, or the activity may be rescheduled for another time.
If the client has paid for a block of lessons at a discounted price, the refund will be based on the total amount paid less the lessons already delivered calculated at the un-discounted lesson price.
No refund is offered if the client refuses to comply with the ASI Accredited School policy and the Instructor determines the client cannot participate in the activity (e.g. client is under the influence of drugs or alcohol)
If the client advises the Instructor of a medical condition such that the Instructor decides that it would be unsafe for the client to participate in the activity, a full refund will be offered.
If the Instructor becomes aware of a client’s medical condition after the lesson has commenced, such that the Instructor determines it is unsafe for the client to continue in the activity, no refund will be offered.
Gift vouchers must be used by expiry date unless other arrangements have been made. No refund is offered once the gift voucher has been purchased however the gift vouchers are transferable to other people.
The client will obtain a refund is they notify the ASI Accredited School 24 hours prior to the time of the hire. No refund will be made once the client has paid for and taken delivery of the hire equipment.
Up to 30 days from date of purchase the client can:
- obtain a 100% refund for products purchased should they be damaged or faulty.
- exchange for products that are unsuitable.
Clients can obtain a refund or credit if:
1. the client notifies the ASI Accredited School 5 days prior to the time of the tour. An administration fee of 20% may be charged.
2. the ASI Accredited School cancels the tour.