SUP paddle DO'S and DON'T'S
The modern Standup Paddleboard paddle is a terrific piece of modern technology, that showcases space age materials that are both strong and light.
With due care, your new paddle will give you years of trouble free service for the purpose for which it was designed and constructed - Standup paddleboarding !
As with just about everything we use these days, there are some simple do's and don'ts' to prolong the useful life of your SUP paddle.
- Do store your paddle in a COOL dry environment when not in use.
- Do store your paddle in a protective cover when not in use.
- Do use your paddle (and SUP) at every opportunity.
- Do not store your paddle in direct sunlight . As most paddles are black ( carbon fibre ) they attract heat. Heat will 'cook' your paddle and can cause premature failure of components. ( not covered under warranty)
- Do not keep your paddle in a hot car or car boot. ( see above )
- Do not use your paddle as a lever.
- Do not use your paddle to push off rocks or sandy bottom, this may cause the blade to crease. ( not covered under warranty )
- Do not strike objects with either the shaft or blade of your paddle, this can cause premature failure of componentry. ( not covered under warranty ).
- Do not make excuses, just get out there !